Benefits for Migrants Handbook | 8th edition
Publication date: 2016 Edition: 8th edition Format: Paperback, 500 pages Published by: Child Poverty Action Group
With migrants’ rights constantly under discussion it can be hard to keep up with what has actually changed. Although the Brexit vote has not yet resulted in any changes to the social security rights of EEA nationals and their family members, entitlements for all migrants are constantly changing and are invariably complex. Our unique guide helps you to navigate the full complexity of the immigration and benefit rules, and provides the complete and definitive guide to social security entitlement for people who have come to or who are leaving the UK.
This latest edition,which has been fully updated with additional detail and tactical advice on current developments, will help if you are struggling to:
- identify a right to reside
- satisfy the evidence requirements
- understand the significance of one member of the household having immigration leave with ‘no recourse to public funds’
- be clear on how long benefits should be paid if you go abroad
- check entitlement to asylum support and how to challenge decisions
- establish when someone does not need to wait 2 years to be entitled to disability or carers benefits
- work out whether the UK is the ‘competent state’ to pay a benefit
- challenge a decision in which your JSA has been stopped because you failed the ‘Genuine Prospects of Work Test’
Fully indexed and cross-referenced to UK legislation and European legislation and caselaw, the handbook is an essential resource for EEA and non-EEA nationals, asylum seekers and refugees, families with different immigration statuses, claimants coming from or going to other European states and British citizens returning from abroad.
Who is it for?
This is an essential guide for EEA and non-EEA nationals, asylum seekers and refugees, families with different immigration statuses, claimants coming from or going to other European states, British citizens returning from abroad, and all migrants who need to navigate the complexity of the immigration and benefit rules.
Further details available online here: Benefits for Migrants Handbook | 8th edition.